Reuben Thomas <rrt@mupsych.org> writes:

> Indeed; it doesn't seem to be a problem for other systems, so I'd've
> thought it could be dropped from the Lua license.

I agree with Reuben.  As near as I can tell, the other licenses used
for open source scripting don't seem to include a no language change
clause.

On the other hand, I notice that the zlib/libpng license has the clause:

  2.  Altered source versions must be plainly marked as such, and must
  not be misrepresented as being the original software.

Maybe this clause, and therefore this license is better for Lua.  It
seems to handle the issue of modifications to the Lua language.

John