I have a quick query that someone here might be able to help me with.

I have a series of files, each one defining a new 'object' by way of a table
containing data and functions. For example

file1.lua ->
	Object1 = {}
	Object1.SomeFunction = function()
		-- blah blah
	end;

file2.lua ->
	Object2 = {}
	Object2.SomeOtherFunction = SomeFunctionDefinedElsewhere();

>From C, given a table 'Object2' and the name of a function
'SomeFunctionDefinedElsewhere', I need to find out in which file this
function resides, and also on which line. I know I could write some crude
code to work this out in a hungry manner, but I believe this information
already exists somewhere, for the debugger.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Lee Hickey
Project Leader.
Deep Red Games Ltd.
tel (01908) 393837
fax (01908) 393951
mob (07703) 343 760
email lee@deepred.co.uk
ICQ: 6969404

anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the
sender by reply email. Please advise immediately if you or your employer
does not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind. Opinions,
conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the
official business of my firm shall be understood as neither given nor
endorsed by it.