----- Original Message -----
> > The Lua 4.1 (work4) source distribution fails to use conventions for
> > makefiles and configuration used by the open source community.  Please

Hmm... So the "Open source community" is just Unix/Posix ?  I dont think so

But the main problem is still, that Lua is two different things to different
people. We have the script guys who just want to download/install/use, and
then we have the embedded people (including my self) who embeds Lua into all
sort of different thing and we dont care about makefiles cause we need it to
be part of our own build system, so we are most more interested in keeping
Lua 100% ANSI-C without tons of preprocessor defines that would collide with
the application that we embed Lua into.

I still think that Lua should be splitted up into two things, a library and
a script engine. And maybe the script engine should be maintained outside
tecgraf. Remember that the current LUA.C started out as a example of a lua
application.

/Erik