On Saturday, February 16, 2002, at 03:50  PM, Tom Wrensch wrote:
If you like, it's easy enough to modify Lua to allow a getn tag
method. Here's a Lua implementation:

Thanks, this is a good idea and I considered it. Unfortunately there's a problem when it come to sharing. For example, if I implemented a getn() as above for the tdbm binding and someone else implemented their own getn() for another binding and you tried to use both libs at the same time, one would over write the other, breaking it. Likewise with next().

Steve