> I agree with John.  Lua is getting more complete in some sense with the
> unification of global and table methods, multiple global states, the
> addition of false, the addition of threading support, lexical scoping,
> macros for making DLLs, unicode enablers, etc.
>
> Each addition adds complexity even if well designed

Not true: unification of global and table methods and the removal of
upvalues are simplifications (the latter not perhaps at the implementation
level, but certainly at the language level).

> Features that can be ignored still add noise to the system for the
> people who don't need them and even more confusion for those who might
> encounter or use an alternative.

That depends largely on how they're documented. And they're provided
largely so that alternatives aren't needed.

--
http://sc3d.org/rrt/ | RSA, n.  safety in numbers