Hi all,

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002 17:17:46 +0100 (MET)
Philippe Lhoste <PhiLho@gmx.net> wrote:

> I just discovered that FreshMeat is now rating applications by user
> votes. And that Lua is registered on this site.
> So, if you are registered on FreshMeat (or willing to do it, it is
> free), I suggest you vote for Lua.
> I gave 9/10 because I believe no complex piece of software is ever
> perfect nor finished.

That's right. IMHO Lua deserves more than the 2 votes it currently has,
but voting requires a valid Freshmeat subscription, which might be keeping
voters away (subscribing to Freshmeat is harmless and doesen't imply in
SPAM, credit card numbers or anything like that ;) ) I cannot vote because
I am the project maintainer... =T

Besides ranking, Freshmeat also allows different branches of the project
to co-exist in one entry (as can be seen by the -- broken -- 4.1 Alpha
entry there). I talked a while ago with Luiz Henrique about listing some
Lua 'variants' there, and he told me to post this to the list and see how
the community would react. Well, now it's the perfect time for this, I
guess... any comments? Is it worthy? If so, which variants should be
there?

> BTW, the link to the already obsolete Lua 4.1 alpha is broken.

You're sorry, my bad. I couldn't find the link to the latest version of
Lua 4.1a on the official Lua site. What's the latest alpha (or 'work')
version? Where is it? (also, if there are .DEB or .RPM of it as well,
please let me know so that I can update the respective links accordingly).

Best,

Andre Costa