For those who might be interested, I've added my (fairly high-level)
suggestions to LuaLibraryWorkshop, and have annotated the suggestions
already there to show why (IMO) most of them are not suitable for
discussion (mostly just because they aren't implementable in portable C).

It would be nice to see a bit of debate before the workshop, both to give
those of us who can't go the chance to get involved, and to help the
participants use their time more effectively on the day (indeed, since
Roberto, Norman and other attenders already no doubt have clear ideas on
what they want to do and the parameters for discussion, it would be nice
to see them; I for one would like to know if I've been close in my
second-guessing!).

--
http://sc3d.org/rrt/ | habit, n.  a shackle for the free (Bierce)