> Starting in 4.1, lua.c contains a macro LUA_USERINIT that can be redefined
> to do whatever initialization is desired.

Yes, LUA_USERINIT could be used, but that's just begging the question,
"how"? Given a library implemented in the normal way (a single C file that
provides a function to initialise the library), it'd be nice just to be
able to add the name of the library (or something) to a single file, and
have it built into the Lua executable. At the moment it's easy enough to
add a single library, but tedious for multiple libraries or users with
little experience in using compilers, make &c.

LUA_USERINIT is probably a bad mechanism to use for this, because it's
there for *non-standard* *per-project* extensions; I was suggesting that a
little extra help for easily building libraries in should be part of the
standard build system.

--
http://sc3d.org/rrt/ | romantic, n.  one who puts ideas before people