|  1. there should be one SMALL standard CORE library,
| which is just enough for most of the users need, and
| which is in fully ANSI C ( i mean portable ). These
| include dealing with file system directories ( as

Why must we force Lua into the genre of a console
based scripting language? Or a language tied
to a conventional filesystem? I really love the fact that Lua
is independent of this method of use. I _really_
love it. The Lua language is the standard, not the
extension libs. Thier use should be app specific
so people don't 'expect' something other than the
language's semantics. I really don't like the 'standard
fileio interface'. I wrote a custom version for Yindo
specific to our product's needs. People might ask,
"where's 'execute'? where's 'setlocale'" . huh?
these are not functions of the Lua language.

| These
| include dealing with file system directories ( as
| getting system attributes ) as in Java.

Some projects don't treat the fileio as a standard
filesystem... some projects don't have a filesystem. Personally
I'd prefer the Lua aux fileio lib stay the way it is, 'just
another (optional) interface lib'. Nothing 'standard'
about it.

| *2. MOST IMPORTANT, we should also decide for an
| EXTENDED library set. This we can name as LXL ( Lua

Choosing one extension lib over another - deciding on a
standard set of libraries. bad idea imho. Create a
web page listing them all and let people choose what
they want to compile into Lua based on their use.

2C

Regards,
Jim