On Wednesday, January 30, 2002, at 02:59  AM, Nick Trout wrote:
How do Lua and Python cope with this? I dont think you need admin privileges
to install new modules on Python on any platform? (could someone please
inform me otherwise?)

(I'm guessing you meant Perl and Python) - They don't cope with it. They require the user to set an environment to a fixed path where all the shared libs are. Those languages weren't designed for embedding in consumer apps. They assume the user is a developer or sysadmin.

Steve