Is there a quick and easy way of making a lua script require variable
declarations.  I expect my program to have quite large lua scripts used with
it, and being able to just use a variable without declaring it first will
allow all sorts of problems to arise.  It reminds me of BASIC.. *shudder*.
This is all IMHO of course.  I saw somthing in the archives about using
getglobal and setglobal functions, although idealy the fact that lua has
been changed would be invisable from those writing lua scripts.  I am using
version 4.0 by the way.

Thanks.

Chris Percival
Software Engineer