I have released glua 1.0:

[from glua documentation]

Glua is a set of macros and functions designed to help a C programmer
write Lua-C interface functions by hand, while retaining error control
and high efficiency. Its name means "Lua-C glue".
Glua is a minimalist tool: it is designed to work with plain ANSI C,
though it can be used in mixed C/C++ programs, and it only handles basic
Lua data types: numeric constants, numbers, strings, pointers (userdata).
Glua macros and lua macros can be freely intermixed.
The glua distribution contains the following files:
  glua.h         Header file to #include in your source files.
  glua.c         C file to compile and link with your code.
  glua.html      HTML Documentation.
  gluatest.c     Test suite and examples (C side).
  gluatest.lua   Test suite and examples (Lua side).

Glua and its documentation are available from:
http://www.erix.it/progutil.html

(should I link it from the lua-user site? How?)

  Enrico

P.S. I just discovered the existence of the "gllua" package, I hope not to
create confusion (anyway, they have very different scope).