I know it is possible to do so becouse in the following C code,
when you change the first  "#if 1" to "#if 0", the text is highlighted
correctly.

The C syntax highlighting code is quite complicated and, unfortunately, I am
not
with much time at the moment to look further into this.

#if 1
 a= 2;

#if 0
  b = 3
#endif

#endif

As soon as I have some spare time I will try to fix Luas syntax highlighting
macros.

Carlos Augusto.