> Roberto wrote:

> As a rule, you should always avoid using dostring if you can (it is
> too expensive).

Is dofile() also so expensive? But I see no other way to load
code from external files (require() is not implemented in the version
4.0 and 4.1 is in beta state). Is require() faster as dofile()? What is
the difference between both? Should I write a pseudo require() and use
this until the 4.1 is ready to use?

Again thank you very much for your help. There are many discussions
about Lua and Robertos Lua book is fantastic but often its not easy to
find the definitive answers.

What methods are you suggests for variables that only hold an flag?
Which flag values? true/false nil/not nil...?

--
Markus