> >Is there a document somewhere listing the Lua bytecodes?
>
> lopcodes.h, not realy a document, but it does list all opcodes and their
> meaning.

Ah, true. I'll look at that more closely.

> >It may be possible
> >to re-write the VM for other platforms using that. I know it sounds funny,
> >but I'd like to see my C64 take a whack at it (and I'm not kidding -- people
> >surf the Web with C64s, so I don't see why they can't run simple Lua
> >programs, either). I could just take the binary from the compiler and then
> >run it through this cloned VM, hopefully.
>
> Aren't there C compilers for the C64? A re-write of the VM, as you call it,
> would be a complete implementation of Lua, perhaps including the libaries too.
> Not a llight job, but you're welcome to try it...

There are C (cross and native) compilers, but I think I'd get a more
satisfactory output if I hand-coded it in assembly; few of the Commodore
compilers optimise really well. Assembly is the best way of doing things on
6502 systems anyhow.

 Cameron Kaiser, Point Loma Nazarene University * ckaiser@stockholm.ptloma.edu
-- If I can have honesty, it's easier to overlook mistakes. -- Kirk, Star Trek