On Tue, 8 Jan 2002, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:

> >This seems very strange to me but i have seen it repeatedly now.  I have
> >embedded lua into a cgi to act as a simple templating engine and the cgi
> >is execute approx 500k times a day but once a day - it cores. Looking at
>
> If it's a CGI, then you probably don't need (or want) GC.
> I doubt this is a GC problem, but try turning GC off and see if it helps.
> It looks like a memory full problem to me. Could that be??
>
> --lhf

I doubt that I am running on of memory the machine has 4G of real memory
w/ general 2.5G free - and if I was running out of memory shouldn't
realloc return NULL instead of coring. Also the core file is less than
500k so I don't think it has a huge memory foot print.

Turning of GC is probably a good idea but it seems to run contrary to the
running out of memory argument. Still I see problems outside of the gc
process.

Thanks for the suggestions.

derek