Thanks for the help and ideas on this.  Certainly I can see that I
could implement it if I had control over the creation of the table.

Unfortunately the case I need this for the most is in function arguments,
as in:

ret = Func { a = 1, b = 2, c = 3 }

As I cannot cause any tag methods to be set on the table passed to this
function, I guess I'll have to work around the order issue some other
way.  As Func is intended for 'user' level scripting, I can't really
have it require it's arguments to be put into a table prior to the call,
given that many app scripts will consist of little else but hundreds of
such function calls.

Thanks again for the ideas.

Love, Light and Peace,
- Peter Loveday