On Dec 20, 2001 at 02:37 -0200, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
> A new snapshot of Lua 4.1 (work) is now available at
>         http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/lua/work/
>
> No manual is available, sorry, only the tar ball.
>
> This version contains the changes in the previous work versions plus
> the ones recently mentioned by Roberto.
>
> Of course, none of these changes is definitive. This is simply a work version
> that is being made available so that you can experiment with it and send us
> your feedback.

Cool!  Thanks for releasing this!

A couple of questions: I notice the VM is now stackless for
Lua-calls-to-Lua, and there's an explicit CallInfo stack.  But there
doesn't seem to be any sign of lua_resume(), lua_sleep()/yield() etc.
Is that planned, and just not implemented yet?

Also, whatever happened to non-recursive tailcalls?  In 4.0 with the
sleep/yield patch they worked nicely because of OP_TAILCALL.  Are you
thinking about implementing that?  I guess it could be implemented
without OP_TAILCALL by peeking at the opcode following an OP_CALL, and
if it's OP_RETURN then just reuse the current stack frame instead of
making a new one.

--
Thatcher Ulrich <tu@tulrich.com>
http://tulrich.com