On Wed, 19 Dec 2001, John Passaniti wrote:

> >From past conversation, I have no fear that the Lua authors will keep folks
> like me in mind.  But as the Lua community seems to be growing rapidly, I
> hope they remember those of us who are using Lua in small embedded
> environments.  I like the swelling interest Lua seems to be generating these
> days, but I'll have to jump ship the moment Lua starts to turn into a
> resource hog like Perl.

I think Lua use is growing exactly because it is not like Perl; otherwise
people are better served using the original. Small size is one of the
main assets of Lua (besides portabilty and simplicity), and we do not
intend to loose it. (That is one of the reasons we are always removing
things from the language ;-)

-- Roberto