Hi!

Been working with Lua (mostly Plua) for a few months now, and today
tried to figure out how to do something that I can do in Perl quite
readily.

First, I wanted to get a modulus (remainder) of two numbers. I looked
in the Lua Reference manual and Programming Lua, and no luck.

So, I thought that, with some effort, I could work around that.
However, I could not find how to take just the integer part of a
floating number (i.e. the part to the left of the decimal point).

Anyone have any suggestions?

thanks,
Charles