By popular request (I got one request, which I adored!) I've updated
my standard libraries (as advertised in the Wiki
StandardLibrariesProposal) to be 4.1 compatible. I'm not using 4.1 at
the moment, but I am working on the libraries a lot, so I'm happy to
fix any problems (with either 4.0, 4.1, or general bugs) that anyone
finds. There's now quite a wide range of stuff in there; the
higher-order list and table functions, plus the support for writing
command-line utilities may be of particular interest.

Come and get it from

http://sc3d.org/rrt/ under "Lua".

If you've not looked at the libraries yet, and you're from a
functional programming background, take a look; you might like it. A
lot of FP stuff translates very neatly into Lua, and Lua's dynamic
typing often makes for shorter code.

I hope to find time to LTN7-ify them soon (as per the TODOs); by the
way, if anyone fancies helping out with any of the TODOs (especially
the dull-but-necessary stuff such as turning my (fairly formal)
comments into LuaDoc, I'd be most grateful.

(As an aside, I've managed to find an excuse to work with Lua at work,
and I'm using luaswig extensively, as SWIG's rather more comprehensive
treatment of C recommends it over tolua for wrapping the convoluted
legacy C code I work with. I've also been working on extensions to
luaswig, some of which should find their way into new releases.)

--
/bin/bash: [: missing `]'
http://sc3d.org/rrt/ | Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur (Anon)