Would it be possible to enable the syntax:

	local function myFunc(params)

I would like to use the ':' sugar for class methods:

	function MyClass:myFunc(params)

But private methods need to use the form:

	local privateFunc = function(params)

And I don't want to try and convince scripters to use two different forms, so my class methods end up:

	MyClass.myFunc = function(self, params)

which isn't *that* bad, and I'll admit this is all just personal preference from someone with a C background, but it would be nice to have a 'local function f()' to go with 'function f()'. I assume that there is some technical limitation involved, or this would have been done already.

Jason
379