"Jay Carlson" <nop@nop.com> writes:

> Here's a proposed module implementing 4.1's require() for 4.0.  It should
be
> mostly compatible, although it won't refresh its internal path on change
> LUA_PATH.

Oh yes, that reminds me.  One thing I should add to require.lua is the
ability to declare a module to have been loaded.  This would allow modules
built into the binary with bin2c to declare their presence; otherwise, you'd
need to add all kinds of hooks to make require() not bomb on modules that
are loaded but can't be loaded from files.

IMO the 4.1 builtin require() needs this as well.  provide()?

Jay