> IMHO, having 4 different field access operators is confusing!
> I could understand that one want's another operator to preserve backward
> compatibility.  So make it '->' (will give the minimum confusion) and mark
> the ':' as "for compatibility use only" (remember, it was ment as a method
> operator to give OO look'n'feel in the first place).  I think
> that you won't need it very often anyway.

I have to agree on the confusion arising from all the operators!
Used so far in this thread: . : .. :: -> .> :>
Ouch! what about ;) :-> and  .-> ?? *g*

but why use another operator at all?
it should be easy to provide backward compatibility with appropriate
methods, or am i missing something?
so you can stick to . and :

Regards,
Peter