I've put a simple binding of expat, James Clark's C stream-based XML parser
up at http://www.place.org/~nop/lxp.tar.gz .  No, not everything is bound,
but it should be obvious how to bind more stuff to it.

BTW, list rep of <methodCall kind="xuxu"> as {xml="methodCall", kind="xuxu"}
requires great care in the presence of tinsert/tremove, or you won't be able
to have attributes named "n".  I'm leaning towards {"methodCall";
attr={kind="xuxu}}, with contained elements from postion 2 onwards.  Of
course, lxp doesn't have any opinion, because it just does
starttag/endtag....

Jay