Yes, our application routinely uses this number or more. The only problem we
have run into is that, if you are using toLua for a very large number of C++
types (> 100), you can have some nasty memory surprises. We had to go so far
as to arrange for our lua_States to have a shared globals area and a shared
registry area.

Eric