Dear all

After some time watching this list and receiving dozens of messages with
HTML attachments, I finaly got annoyed enough to send this open letter.
So, I'd like to ask all of you that use Netscape mail, MS Outlook/Exchange
or wathever else to configure your software to *not* send messages in
HTML, please.

HTML messages are not only annoying for people that use a pure-text mail
reader -- like me -- but they also waste a lot of network bandwidth and
storage space, since the messages are sent *twice*: both as plain text and
as HTML attachment.

Don't take this as an anti-Microsoft, anti-Netscape or anti-wathever rant.
I'm *not* one of those GNU/Linux a fundamentalists. I don't care if people
compose mail with Emacs, Lotus Notes or "cat | sendmail", provided that I
can read the messages, but I really dislike the HTML messages.

BTW, this is a technical list. It is expected that their subscribers be
clever enough to configure a mail composer. :-)

Thanks

--
Prof. Carlos A. M. dos Santos     http://www.urisan.tche.br/~casantos
    Universidade Regional Integrada do Alto Uruguai e das Missões