Take a look and see if this example from our project
helps...

Siome

-- the container for the canvas and the viewer controls
widget.view = tkframe{
   widget.canvasframe, widget.heading, widget.pitch;
   borderwidth=4, relief="raised",
   side="top", expand="yes", fill="both", padx=5
}

--
Siome Klein Goldenstein