On Sat, Oct 06, 2001 at 10:49:59AM -0300, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:

> >In what form does this leave the code on the stack? -- loadfile/buffer seems
> >to leave a Closure* and the ldumplib is doing something odd with luaM_buffer
> >or something.
>
> loadfile/buffer leaves an ordinary Lua function representing the chunk loaded.
> ldumplib creates a Lua string containig the binary representation of the chunk.

Right -- sounds usable :)

Now all I need to do is get the multithreaded garbage collected cache
structures right, and I can start to implement this beast :)

Dan

--
Daniel Silverstone                               http://www.digital-scurf.org/
Hostmaster, Webmaster, and Chief Code Wibbler          Digital-Scurf Unlimited