> save.lua in the test directory of the lua distribution does
> exactly what you are looking for. (i guess you only need
> global variables saved, not the entire state including stack etc.)

That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks!  I don't know Lua very
well so I'm going to have to port it to C (I have some specific output
routines that need to be used, I can't just use a regular FILE *) and
hope for the best.  Hopefully it should translate fairly cleanly.  Of
course, any additional advice is always appreciated =)

Thanks,

Brian