	In my (very little) free time I am starting a new port of
lua to the palm plataform, that I intend to release with the same
license of the original LUA (I would rather do it GPL, but I am not
shure if I can do it or not, so I take the safe path). I already
managed to compile lua with the palm gcc, but no tests were done with this compiled code. I am only begging the development with palm so I don't have a lot of experience. If you or any other show any interest in helping me I would gladly setup a page or something so that we could put our hands in the code. :-)

I'd love to volunteer.
Right now I have a lot of free time.
I've been poking around a lot with Plua,
PocketC, and Forth on the Palm, and some simple
metrowerk's C applications as well as RsrcEdit on the Palm.

I'm new to Lua and the Palm (Perl, Python, C experience)
so I'm ready and willing to take some subordinate position
involving certain coding tasks, testing, documentation, etc...

Dragon Forth directly exposes the underlying all the low-level
Palm API functions. This might be too low-level for Lua (?)
but it would make it easier to build functionality on....like with Plua
it's not exactly obvious how to extract all the to do list items
for a given category.

API functions like PocketC's for memos
(Palm OS's makeshift file system) , DOC files ,
and To Do list entries would also be useful.

Could you point me to the source of the GCC tools you're
using?

Cheers,

Jon Fernquest
bayinnaung@hotmail.com