> I would like to propose a standard lua library. Written in Lua. This
library
> should hold a series of well-defined, offen used functions. The purpose of
> the stdlua is to create a common library that will improve the expirence
of
> programming in Lua and will help people exchanging source code.
>
> The library could also be a good starting point for new users trying to
> learn Lua.
>
> How to include:
> dofile("stdlua.lua")
>
> stdlua.lua should only expose a single global variable "stdlua" and all
> functions should be members in stdlua.
>
> Example of function that could be part of stdlua.lua:
> clone()
>
> www.lua-users.org could be the place for suggesting, validating and
> maintaining the library. A primary maintainer should be appointed.
>
> /erik

I would also throw my support behind this idea. I know that I personally
would appreciate such a library for everyday use. And while I may not be a
new user, I certainly would appreciate the chance to see some well-written
Lua code to increase my understanding of the language.

--James Hearn

P.S [OT] - I just got a job integrating Lua into a research project at my
university! How cool is that? Getting *paid* to work with Lua!