--- Philippe Lhoste <PhiLho@gmx.net> wrote:
> Calling the C world from the Scheme World:
> http://www.angelfire.com/wa/brianbec/siodffi.html
>
> The libffi homepage:
> http://sources.redhat.com/libffi/
>
> Most libraries uses some assembly language to build a call stack (stacking
> the parameters) before calling the functions, one (SiodFFI, I think) simulates
> this in pure C. There is also the problem of callbacks.

Dependance on assembly would be bad; CE runs on a bunch of different processors.

Siodffi looks pretty promising.  However, now that I think of it, this problem has already been
solved for Pocket Scheme (perhaps as a result of siodffi), and source code is available.  I think
I'll dig into that this weekend, life permitting.

Cheers,
Eric