I have found that section confusing at times as well. However, taking it out
would not be good, as it is really quite helpful once you get a handle on
what is going on. I would recommend complementing it with sample code for an
implementation of each tag method, so you can see how the two work together.

It would be nice to see an example of creating a tag, changing its tag
methods, and invoking one of those tag methods. That way you could trace the
execution of the sample code from beginning to end.

Just my $.02

Eric