> >2) I'd change the default number type from double to float.  Yeah,
> >yeah, I know I can #define it, but the truth is, it doesn't
> work in Lua
> >4.1 Alpha.  :)  (Amped crashes...)
>
> >4) I'd also have a 32-bit void pointer type.  Amped doesn't use Lua
> >userdata, because the cost of the allocation and subsequent garbage
> >collection for a simple pointer passthrough (C->Lua->C
> callback) is too
> >high.  Instead, it takes advantage of the precision of the
> double type
> >to pass memory pointers to Lua and back up to C.
>
> Perhaps this is exactly why Amped crashes with 32-bit floats? because
> your passed-through pointers get corrupted?

Nah.  I tried the float thing before passing the void pointers through
as doubles (when everything was still user data).  I was actually going
to add the void pointer type to the Value structure, but when I realized
I couldn't use floats (and there was no time to determine why), I just
emulated them with the doubles.

Josh