>Has anyone implemented a date library? Preferably in Lua.

I thought Roberto had written one, but I couldn't find a reference in the
archives.

Anyway, the functions time and date in 4.1 (should work in 4.0) make it really
easy to compute with dates: convert a date to time, add the appropriate offsets,
convert it back to date, and there you have it: the date x days from today, for
instance. In some C libraries, you can even add x to t.day directly.
--lhf