Hi all,

In my MUD engine, when a script file is loaded, I would like to "pre-parse"
it to byte code, before the engine it self ever attempts to run it. What is
the best way to go about doing this in code? Should I just take a gander at
luac and take the dump code from there? If so, which functions should I
specifically be worried about? Is there any function call in the Lua engine
itself that will return byte code to me? I am pretty sure the answer to that
is no, but I thought I would ask just to check.

Thanks in advance,

Matt "Kerion" Holmes
Lead Developer
Lua Studio - The Lua IDE