Edgar Toernig <froese@gmx.de> writes:

> First, this definition makes no distinction between lexical and static
> scope.

Which implies that Lua is not statically scoped either.  Several of
the definitions imply this.  I note that the Python community use the
term "static nested scoping", suggesting that a language can have
static scoping, but not nested scoping.  For them, it appears that
static nested scoping means the same thing as lexical scoping.  I'm
not sure what static scoping means to them.

John