| I am having trouble compiling tolua on my Mac, because I can't seem to find
| where the data type "lua_Object" is defined. Is this defined in the Lua C
| API, or is it part of tolua? I have looked in lua.h, luac.h, lualib.h,
| tolua.h, to no avail.

As posted, lua_Object disappeared pre Lua v4.0. It is now LUA_VALUE which is an
index into the Lua parameter stack.

If you're using Lua 4.0 you'll need toLua 4.0 alpha, which can be found at the
top of:
http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~celes/tolua/

As I understand it the next full version of toLua will not be released until
full Lua 4.1 arrives.