From: owner-lua-l@tecgraf.puc-rio.br
[mailto:owner-lua-l@tecgraf.puc-rio.br]On Behalf Of Björklund, Peter
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2001 6:02 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Lua and Objects

Hi!

I'm sure that this question has been asked a few times. But bare with me :o)

In Lua I want to write something similar to this:

i = myExposedObject:someFunction( x )

In C++ I want to do something similar to:

static int someFunction( lua_State *L )
{
	object = (CppClass *) lua_popSelf( L ); // Insert correct function
here

	result = object->someFunctionImplementation();
	lua_pushnumber( L, result );

	return 1;
}

void main()
{
	CppClass exposedObject;

	// ....
	lua_register( L, "someFunction", someFunction );
	lua_setglobal( "myExposedObject", &exposedObject ); // Insert
correct function here
	// ....

	lua_dobuffer( ...... );

	// ....