Hey, I was thinking of using LUA on a GBA project.  The thing is, the code
has to run out of the cartridge ROM.  (Well, it doesn't HAVE to, but there
isn't a lot of RAM to put actual code in--and I'd rather not waste it with
the scripting engine).

Now, on the GBA, some stdlib functions have issues with variables declared
in ROM.  Most notably rand() because I think it uses some kind of global
that is actually located in ROM (probably the seed, I guess) when you link
the libs into your code.  So, I was wondering if LUA has any similar
issues--or if I should be able to compile it and run the code off of ROM no
problem?  (Once I get the makefile working for ARM GCC)

Ralph A. Barbagallo III
http://www.concentric.net/~flarb