I'm using Delphi with the lua DLL in some programs and I would use the multi
thread capacity of lua 4.1 but I can't because the function needed to it
(lua_lock, lua_unlock, ...) must be defined at compilation time.

Can you export some access to allow modification of it with the Lua API by the
host application.
--
Thomas Lavergne                       "Le vrai rêveur est celui qui rêve
                                       de l'impossible."  (Elsa Triolet)