I have a questiion/comment regarding the LUA4.1 alpha release.

I have noticed that the lua_pushusertag() function has been removed (even though
it is still in the index of the documentation!).
Presumably to set user data with a particular tag I have to call
lua_newuserdatabox() followed by lua_settag().
Would it be possible to restore the lua_pushusertag() function (perhaps as a
macro?) and so maintain backward compatibility with existing code? In any case
this needs to be documented as an incompatibility with the existing 4.0 API.

Thanks,
Paul.