>I'm not sure if this has been covered already but I've found a bug in
>Lua 4.0's lexer, dealing with line-endings under mac. If the file is
>saved with mac-endings ('\r') comments does not work

I have compiled and used Lua in a Mac and I have never seen this.
The C library should take care of translating \r to \n.
Which compiler are you using?

The only possible problem I can see is to edit a file on a Mac and then run
it on a Unix machine, having transfered it using binary mode instead of text
mode.
--lhf