[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: [ANNOUNCE] LuaSocket 1.3b released
- From: Diego Nehab <diego@...>
- Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 18:34:48 -0300 (EST)
LuaSocket version 1.3b is now available for download! It is compatible
with Lua 4.0 and has been tested on Windows 98, Windows 2000, Linux,
AIX, SunOS and IRIX.
The major improvements over previous versions are in the HTTP and FTP
support. Users have the ability to download and upload information chunk
by chunk, so that the amount of memory spent in transfers can be
bounded. There have also been some bug-fixes:
- HTTP and FTP code now support streaming with a callback system.
- Users can now prevent HTTP request code from automatically following a
301 or 302 redirect server reply;
- UDP sockets can have non-default socket options defined at creation
time (SO_BROADCAST, SO_LINGER etc);
- Bug-fix: select was crashing on invalid input (ex. closed sockets);
- Bug-fix: SMTP code was not dealing correctly with folded server replies,
as defined in Appendix E of RFC 821.
Incompatibilities with previous versions
There should be no incompatibilities.
The library can be downloaded in source code from its new homepage at
Hope you like it,