As someone who often makes patches against the official distribution, I'd
like to suggest consistent indenting in the Lua source code.  From just
sampling a few files, I see that some have indenting of two spaces, some one
space; others have tab indenting, and there are even occurrences of mixed
tab and space indenting in the same file.

When I make a patch I try to adhere to the style of the surrounding code.
But it's troublesome having to set my editor differently for each file (or
even function) in the distribution.

-John