> > Great that this is being addressed.
>
> I highly doubt this discussion is going to affect a change in Lua, as much
as we would like to see
> that happen. As you already know, this issue has come up time and time
again over the years,
> always sparking a long running discussion before finally trickling off.
You'll notice there has
> been no 'official' response to the current discussion.

Well, just the other day, Roberto mentioned that they've been thinking about
a particular "solution" to the problem. Of course, I don't think what he
said should in any way be construed as as an official response, but it does
show that our kind Lua benefactors are considering the situation.