Reuben Thomas wrote:
> ...but in a strongly-typed language you can be sure you're doing the right
> thing; the compiler will tell you if you aren't. In Lua you can't.

I've been thinking about that since my last post.  Actually you *can* be
sure (by writing functions that carefully check their arguments, etc), it's
just that the checking is done at run-time.

By the way... some consider C and C++ to be weakly-typed.  (See
http://foldoc.doc.ic.ac.uk/foldoc/foldoc.cgi?weak+typing.)  For our
discussion the terms statically-typed  and dynamically-typed may be more
appropriate.

-John