In our product (Staffview by Gauss Interprise, Inc.) we use LUA (Version 3.2) as a scripting language within a form display tool to do
field/form validation.  The LUA Script(s) is embedded (as text) in the form definition.  When the form definition is loaded, the script text is
loaded into a single string variable, without any embedded newlines or carriage return characters.

If a script contains an error, it is often difficult to pinpoint the error when the script is run using dostring().  Is there any way to get more
concise output, and maybe an idea of where in the string the syntax error is occurring?

Thanks in advance

Terry Bayne
gnome@hiwaay.net