----- Original Message -----
From: "Ignacio Castano" <castanyo@yahoo.es>
To: "Multiple recipients of list" <lua-l@tecgraf.puc-rio.br>
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2001 6:23 PM
Subject: RE: History of Lua aside... note about game usage!

> Dirk Ringe wrote:
> > There are some game projects that use lua and are not registered on your
> > site. I know of at least three AAA game titles here in germany (one
> > released, two others not yet released) that make use of lua as scripting
> > language. I can't tell you about the other two projects (it's their
choice
> > to registrate not mine), but I just submitted the data for our game *g*
>
> I was working at crytek (a young game company, see: www.crytek.de), on the
Engalus project, and we
> were using lua for scripted events, and config files, but unfortunately it
was cancelled, so I never
> reported it. However, I believe that crytek is still using lua for other
projects, but I cannot say
> for sure.

Yes, we're using Lua for our new game,X-Isle,sold in bundle with NVidia's
GeForce3 card.
But our project is not included in the list since I'm still working on the
scripting system and my current approach to simulate multitasking with Lua
4.0 is not definitive yet... This means that maybe we can
drop Lua and switch to something else, so...
However 'till now my impression is that Lua is very nice and I'm using Lua
to setup and control the behaviors of the entities in our game.
As soon as we switch definitely to Lua I'll submit the informations for our
game.
Btw I'm waiting for Lua 4.1 , and I'd like to read more information (if
possible) about this new Lua version.

Ciao,

Marco Corbetta
Lead Programmer